The Karate Kid (1984)
|Tagline:||He taught him the secret to Karate lies in the mind and heart. Not in the hands.|
|Genres:||Action | Drama | Family | Martial-Arts|
|Released:||22 June 1984 (USA)|
- Everybody wanted to join a martial arts club as a kid after watching this movie, and it's the primary reason movieneon's creator has a blackbelt in Taekwondo (Karate wasn't available!).
- Pat Morita as Mr. Miyagi is one of the most memorable characters from 80's movies.
- Elisabeth Shue is Jam Hot, and we all wanted her to be our girlfriend when we were growing up.
- "Daniel Larusso's" crane stance finishing move. Say no more!
- The Black Cobra Gee that "John Kreese's" students wore looked damn cool!
Daniel (Ralph Macchio) arrives in Los Angeles from the East Coast and faces the difficult task of making new friends. However, he becomes the object of bullying by the Cobras, a menacing gang of karate students, when he strikes up a relationship with Ali (Elisabeth Shue), the Cobra leader's ex-girlfriend. Eager to fight back and impress his new girlfriend, but afraid to confront the dangerous gang, Daniel asks his handyman Miyagi (Noriyuki "Pat" Morita), whom he learns is a master of the martial arts, to teach him karate. Miyagi teaches Daniel that karate is a mastery over the self - mind and body - and that fighting is always the last answer to a problem. Under Miyagi's guidance, Daniel develops not only physical skills but also the faith and self-confidence to compete despite tremendous odds as he encounters the fight of his life in the exciting finale to this entertaining film.
Wax on... wax off. Wax on... wax off.
[Karate Class]: NO, SENSEI!Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?
[Karate Class]: NO, SENSEI!Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?
[Karate Class]: NO, SENSEI!