Theatrical release poster
- Back in 80's, this was one of the ultimate Cult films to watch on your VHS! It had fast cars, hot girls, blood, guts and cheesy lines. A recipe for success that many modern films try to follow.
- After seeing Sylvestor Stallone's performance in this film as "
- You just couldn't make a film like this nowadays and get away with it. The controversial idea of sports men deliberatley running over babies to score points, men slapping women around for not listening, the unprovoked abuse of the French and a lot lot more!
- The script is just mental. "Frankenstein" wears a hideous mask to hide his 'beautiful face'. He has a fake hand with a hand grenade attached. There is a random matador seranading the death race cars. We could go on!
- "Herman the German" & "Machine Gun Joe Viterbo" are just a brilliant character names!!
Starring: David Carradine, Sylvester Stallone and Simone Griffeth. Directed by Paul Bartel. In the year 2000 hit and run driving is no longer a felony. It's the national sport!
You want to make love to me because I drive the Monster and wear this costume.
Who built this stinking road? If I ever get my hands on him, I'll rip his heart out!
You're blocking me Cleopatra! My fans want to see me.
Why, they've never seen a has-been before?
You know Myra, some people might think you're cute. But me, I think you're one very large baked potato.