Theatrical release poster
- For a good few months this movie made the world hestiate about going to swim in the ocean!
- This movie established The Great White Shark as the ultimate living predator on earth. Top of the food chain, 2nd only to humans (but they cheat a little with weapons, and can walk on land). In the sea, sharks still rule!
- It was the first time on film that we ever saw a man get swallowed alive!
- The setting of three men on a boat, against a shark was pure gold dust, but don't ever try to repeat it, because it could never be this good!
- It announced Steven Spielberg to the world stage, who would later become one of the undisputable greatest diretors of all time, and is currently still making hit after hit and can seemingly do no wrong!
Starring: Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss. Directed by Steven Spielberg. The terrifying motion picture from the terrifying No. 1 best seller.
This shark, swallow you whole.
What day is this?
It's Wednesday... eh, it's Tuesday, I think.
Think the tide's with us?
I used to hate the water...
I can't imagine why.
And what did you say the name of this shark is?
It's a carcaradon carcharias. It's a Great White.
That's a twenty footer.
Twenty-five. Three tons of him.
I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch.