Theatrical release poster
- A musical classic that was always on TV in the eighties, and music was always playing in the school discos and on summer holidays abroad when you were young.
- Most men of the 'Golden Generation' would never openly admit they like this film, because that would not be cool to 'admit', however you can guarantee they secretly know all the words to the songs. You couldn't avoid it when you were young.
- The "T-Birds" were seriously cool, and the "Pink Ladies" were seriously hot!
- After "Saturday Night Fever", and then this movie, it defined John Travolta as the 'King' of Pure-Cheese movies. Quentin Tarantino would later resurrect him as bloke-cool "Vincent Vega" in "Pulp Fiction", which followed on with a lot more 'manly' roles that blokes are happy to admin they like such as "Face-Off", "The General's Daughter" and "Swordfish".
- We will always remember the scene were Sandy (Olivia Newton-John) transforms from the girl next door, to the tight black-pants jam hot stunner! We as men were too young to know what we wanted in a woman, but we knew we wanted her to look like that - she was "the one that we want"!
Starring: John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Directed by Randal Kleiser. Grease is the word.
Tell me about it, stud.
The rules are... there ain't no rules!
Why, this car is Auto-matic. Its System-matic. Its Hyyyyydro-matic. Why, its Greased Lightning!
It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it's what you do with your dancin' shoes.
[singing] I got chills / They're multiplyin' / And I'm losing control / Cause the power you're supplying / It's electrifyin'.