Theatrical release poster
- The original (and the best) teen horror movie. Enough said.
- After the huge success of this film, it gave John Carpenter (unknown at the time) the free terrain and budget to go make other great movies. He didn't let us down, with other classics after this, such as "Escape from New York", "The Thing" & "Big Trouble in Little China" amongst others.
- John Carpenter wrote this film, he directed it, he composed the music, and he even did the voice on the seedy phone calls. Legend!
- It made Jamie Lee Curtis an instant superstar, and we thought she was jam hot back in the day (especially her foxy roles in "Trading Places" & "True Lies" years later)!
- "Michael Myers" would become one of the most iconic horror characters of all time.
Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence. Directed by John Carpenter. The night he came home!
It *was* the boogeyman.
As a matter of fact, it was.
[referring to a partially eaten dog]
A man wouldn't do that.
This isn't a man.
Lynda, if this is a joke, I'll kill you!
I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the *devil's* eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... *evil*.
It's Halloween, everyone's entitled to one good scare.