Theatrical release poster
- "All" but one of the good guys die in this film, which we can't recall ever happening before this movie was released.
- Ridley Scott shocked the world with a movie trailer that featured no dialogue at all, and one of the greatest movie taglines of all time.
- Created the foundation and characters for "one of the" greatest film franchises to ever exist.
- Opened up our eyes to the fact that other life forms out there, just might want to "destroy us", and could have lethal corrosive acid for blood!
- Ripley is the first leading movie hero that we can remember, that is both female, and wins the final battle in her underwear!
Starring: Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Yaphet Kotto and Veronica Cartwright. Directed by Ridley Scott. In space no one can hear you scream.
Will you listen to me, Parker? Shut up!
Let's hear it. Let's hear it.
It's using the air shafts.
You don't know that.
That's the only way. We'll move in pairs. We'll go step by step and cut off every bulkhead and every vent until we have it cornered. And then we'll blow it the fuck out into space! Is that acceptable to you?
[looking at alien skeleton]
Alien life form. Looks like it's been dead a long time. Fossilized. Looks like it's growing out of the chair.
[climbs up for a closer look]
Bones are bent outward, like he exploded from inside.
Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Meaow. Here Jonesy.
Micro changes in air density, my ass.
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.
[to Jonesy the cat]
Come on, cat.