Theatrical release poster
- It was so good, and so cool, that it made all the wanna-be Mavericks apply to join the Air Force later in life to live the dream! We're not joking ... movieneon's creator seriously did just that!
- Tom Cruise ALWAYS gets his girl, even if she tries to refuse after he sings to her in a public bar. Resistance is futile!
- Meg Ryan was (is) damn cute, and Kelly McGillis was damn hot!
- No other film in history has a cooler collection of characters names: Maverick, Iceman, Viper, Jester, Hollywood, Merlin, Goose, Cougar, Slider & Wolfman. Character names don't "get to look any better than that"!
- Created the whole modern culture and phrase of taking a "wing-man" along with for a night on the town!
Starring: Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards and Tom Skerritt. Directed by Tony Scott. Up there with the best of the best.
[points at Maverick]
You are still dangerous.
You can be my wingman any time.
Bullshit! You can be mine.
I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by.
I feel the need...
[together with Maverick]
...the need for speed!
[Charlie has just given Maverick her address while pretending to turn down his date offer]
Crashed and burned! Huh, Mav?
Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.