|Tagline:||He came back to settle the score with someone. Anyone. EVERYONE.|
|Genres:||Action | Grindhouse | Thriller|
|Released:||01 May 1995 ()|
- Robert Rodriguez has a budget of $7,000 for the original critically aclaimed "El Mariachi". This time he got the budget to go all out and do anything he wants, and BOY is this an awesome awesome AWESOME movie.
- Legendary action. One guitat suitcase has all the weapons and ammunition you would need, another is a sub-machine gun, and another is a missile launcher!
- "Carolina" (Salma Hayek) was everyman's fantasy after watching this film. She quite literally stopped traffic!
- "Navajas" (Danny Trejo) is one of the meanest characters to ever grace the big screen. So fearsome, that he inspired his own complete feature film 15 years later in 2010: "Machete", again directed by Rodriguez.
- "Cristos" is also an unforgettable mean mofo (although he does get killed by a superkick from his "Opponent").
- Great cameo appearance by Quentin Tarantino as the "Pick-up Guy", who tell a hilarious joke. Rodriguez would give Quentin a starring role, in his next feature film the following year, in "From Dusk Till Dawn".
Starring: Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Joaquim de Almeida, Cheech Marin, Steve Buscemi and Quentin Tarantino. Directed by Robert Rodriguez. He came back to settle the score with someone. Anyone. EVERYONE.