Theatrical release poster
- Strictly speaking, this was released just one month too late to be an official 'Golden-Era' film. But with Robert Rodriguez directing, Quentin Tarantino writing, George Clooney & Harvey Keitel acting and Salma Hayek dancing, it doesn't get much better than this, and we simply just couldn't leave it out.
- 'Titty Twister' is just one 'hell' of a bar. A genious concept by writer Tarantino, and you know him drinking liquor of the foot of a jam hot bikini clad Salma Hayek was a festish he always dreamt of (see all of Tarantino's other films for close ups of feet!). We're sure he didn't need much persuassion to act in a lead role for this film, if not only just for that one scene!
- Cheech Marin plays 3 different characters in this film ("Chet Pussy", "Carlos" and the "Border Guard"), and only he could have made them as good as they are. "Chet Pussy's" speech about the selection of pussy in 'Titty Twisters' is unforgettable!
- Rodriguez's team released this film just 7 months after "Desperado", and we count at least seven of the same actors. What's the betting that they all just had crazy parties (probably in the 'Titty Twister' set) and rediculous fun inbetween. Most of the same 'Rodriguez-Pack' also appear in "Planet Terror" & "Machete" years later.
- "Seth Gecko" (George Clooney) plays one seriously cool dude. Countless 'wanna-bees' copy his arm-to-neck tattoo design still to this day.
- Salma Hayek as "Satanico Pandemonium" is quite simply unforgettable and irresistable. For her five minute dance scene (jump straight to the 54th minute in the film!!), never has an actress made a male-audience sit in pure silence and gasp at the screen in pure awe! We already fancied her after her role as "Carolina" in "Desperado". In this film, the best got better! George Clooney says it best in the film straight after the dance ... "Now that's what I call a fucking show!".
Starring: George Clooney, Quentin Tarantino, Harvey Keitel and Juliette Lewis. Directed by Robert Rodriguez. One night is all that stands between them and freedom. But it's going to be a hell of a night.
Everybody be cool.
YOU - be cool.
What are you doing?
We are having a bikini contest, and you just won.
What's your name, girlie?
Kate. What's yours?
Sex Machine. Pleased to meet you, Kate.
Where are you taking us?
What's in Mexico?
Rule number one: No noise, no question. You make a noise...
[holds up gun]
Mr... 44 makes a noise. You ask a question, Mr. 44 answers it.